Wednesday, February 20, 2013

PCT Tattoo!

Now, almost five months after reaching the Northern Terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail, and after three months of backpacking through Thailand and parts of China, I am still reverberating with this seminal experience.  In October I had the idea of getting a tattoo to commemorate my successful completion of the PCT, and even made a road trip to Portland to make this happen, but I backed out at the last minute wanting to take more time with the artist on the design.

Now I'm back, and it's done.  Mike V. from Oddball Studios (503-231-1344) here in Portland did an outstanding job, in my opinion.  It is unique and something that will always be with me to remind me of that spectacular journey during the summer of 2012.  

My left calf is now looking a little bare...hmmm!

Photos Courtesy of Jeff Kish



2 comments:

  1. Great Tattoo,

    Not sure if you remember me but I also stayed in Jan's home down the street from Scout and Frodo on April 25. I slept in the living room - I'm the older guy - Gman.

    Congratulations on your hike. I was successful as well.

    Stay well,
    Gman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gman! I faintly remember you. :) Will you be making it to KickOff this year at Lake Moreno? I will be there. Congratulations on your hike and take care!

      Russ

      Delete

PCT Northern Terminus

PCT Northern Terminus
On September 30, 2012 I reached the Northern Terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail. Thanks to everybody who supported and followed my journey. It was a life-changing experience!