Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 46 - Hiking in "The Range of Light"


June 10, 2012
Day 46
Miles: 20
Total Miles: 736



A solo day of hiking but I'm loving it!  Only one person passed me sitting on the side of the trail eating lunch - Tuna Helper.  Tuna Helper is attempting a record thru-hike of the PCT of under 60 days!  He started at the border on May 25th and is already 725 miles down the trail 15 days later.  He said he is averaging 44 miles/day in the desert and his goal for the Sierra's is 35 miles/day.  Now that's nuts!  My biggest mile day to-date is 30 and that was one hell of a long day.

I'm camping alone tonight at 10,500 feet.  Tomorrow I will get up to 11,500 ft and hover around that altitude until I get to Mt. Whitney at mile 766.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

PCT Northern Terminus

PCT Northern Terminus
On September 30, 2012 I reached the Northern Terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail. Thanks to everybody who supported and followed my journey. It was a life-changing experience!