Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 45 - First Day in the Sierra's


June 9, 2012
Day 45
Miles: 14
Total Miles: 716

After two miles of sandy walking, past the Kennedy Meadows Camp Ground, I'm finally here.  Beck's Meadow is beautiful and a welcome sight to my desert-weary eyes.  It feels like a completely different hike now - green, wet, trees and water...lots of water.

I arrived at the Kern River and camped nearby.  Wampass Cat, Zen, iPod and others had arrived and already had a fire going - my first campfire of the trail!  I'm excited about what's to come in the Sierra's...

First views of Beck's Meadow


Bridge of Kern River



0 comments:

Post a Comment

PCT Northern Terminus

PCT Northern Terminus
On September 30, 2012 I reached the Northern Terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail. Thanks to everybody who supported and followed my journey. It was a life-changing experience!