Saturday, March 24, 2012

Tohono Chul Park, Tucson, AZ

I have just a month to go until I hit the trail, but spring is already in full bloom here in Southern Arizona.  To test out my new Canon S100 I took a short drive over to the Tohono Chul Park botanical garden and found the birds chirping and the flowers blooming.  It's amazing how just a little excursion into nature - albeit man-made nature - can lift your spirits and refresh your attitude.  Click on each image to see the full size picture.  Enjoy!


Hummingbird in Flight



Can you find the Hummingbird?


Desert Rose!

Juevenile Coopers Hawk


Agave Succulent beginning to bloom
Barrel Cactus and Empty Starbucks Cup



Blooming Hedge-Hog Cactus

Moorish Garden

Who says it doesn't turn green in the desert?!

Prickly Pear Cactus with new growth

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PCT Northern Terminus

PCT Northern Terminus
On September 30, 2012 I reached the Northern Terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail. Thanks to everybody who supported and followed my journey. It was a life-changing experience!