Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 38 - Trees Again!


June 2, 2012
Day 38
Miles: 23
Total Miles: 609

Some really nice hiking today!  I woke up at about 6:30 and watched as others walked by me having hiked three miles already before I got out of my tent.  I enjoy a coffee and hot breakfast - what can I say!  I had to hand wash some clothes using a Tide single sink wash packet.  I then hiked out with damp, but clean, underwear!

The trail took me through some really nice forested areas - a great contrast from yesterdays dry hiking.  Others saw a small bear about a mile from where I was sleeping this morning - just a juvenile they believe.  When I reached the road at mile 602, Glitter Boy (Macho Taco's brother who had quit the hike due to an injury) gave some great trail angeling - he had a cooler with gatorade and soda!  Soda is an amazing thing after several days of sucking down just warm water from your platypus.  I am not a big soda drinker so it surprises me that I dream of a cold coke on the trail quite often.

The last seven miles were quite peaceful through the woods to Lander's Meadow.  I camped here with Tortuga, Macho Taco, Bronco and others.



Deer on the Trail

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PCT Northern Terminus

PCT Northern Terminus
On September 30, 2012 I reached the Northern Terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail. Thanks to everybody who supported and followed my journey. It was a life-changing experience!