Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 60 - Red's Meadow

June 24, 2012
Day 60
Miles: 21
Total Miles:  907

I hiked mostly alone today the 21 miles to Red's Meadow Resort - another packing station.  The blowdowns in this section of the trail are astonishing!  The trail crews have most of the trees cleared from the trail - and I am lucky for that because it would be almost impossible to continue through this section otherwise with the devastation I have seen.  I think only pictures can tell the story...

A large section of previously burned forest was devastated by the winter storms and trees were snapped in half like toothpicks.



Other very large and healthy trees were up-rooted and lay across the trail for miles - often piled on top of each other several layers deep!  These trees are HUGE and the pictures do not show the size of the trees very clearly.



but I crossed over 900 trail miles...


and met a really dirty hiker at Red's Meadow...


and enjoyed a delicious meal at the Red's Meadow Cafe of chicken fajitas, black beans and rice!  i also enjoyed a hot-spring fed concrete hot tub with Weather Carrot and Bobcat.  They went fully nude.  I kept my boxers on.  Maybe if I get to know them a little better...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PCT Northern Terminus

PCT Northern Terminus
On September 30, 2012 I reached the Northern Terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail. Thanks to everybody who supported and followed my journey. It was a life-changing experience!