Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 66 - Toiyabe National Forest

June 30
Day 66
Miles:  23
Total Miles:  1012



I hiked over Dorothy Lake Pass this morning leaving Yosemite National Forest and entering Toiyabe N.F..  The landscape is changing to a more volcanic landscape - less granite and more rust-colored volcanic rock.  The change is striking and I feel as if I have left the high sierra, though officially this will not happen until I pass the town of Belden in 300 miles.  I am camping up near Leavitt Lake at 10,500 feet tonight.



Yankee Son and Hallmark caught up to me at a break in Kennedy Canyon.  They are planning to go out at Sonora Pass to the town of Bridgeport tomorrow.  It looks like I will not make it all the way to Echo Lake/Lake Tahoe by the Fourth of July Holiday - so I may see if I can get a ride into Bridgeport as well for a zero day.



a grouse or Ptarmigan



0 comments:

Post a Comment

PCT Northern Terminus

PCT Northern Terminus
On September 30, 2012 I reached the Northern Terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail. Thanks to everybody who supported and followed my journey. It was a life-changing experience!