Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 109 to 112 - Life is Easy in Ashland


August 12-15
Day 109-112
Miles:  71
Total Miles:  1727

Hiker Gathering at Siddhartha's Parents House

After Seiad Valley I made quick progress, reaching the Oregon Border (miles 1702) a couple days later, and then to Ashland where Siddhartha's parents graciously took several of us in for a couple days.  This was a great place to relax and take a zero.  Others were taking a break in town so we  threw a BBQ-Jubel, Bobcat, Amigo and the other Istreali, Weather Carrot, Washout and Threshold all had a great time.



California/Oregon Border
On August 14th, a Tuesday, we ended up walking through downtown drawn to the sounds of live music and loud talking on a balcony and, climbing to the second story, we entered Alex's, a bar featuring some great live big band style rock and roll music.  Hikers occupied half of the bar - many having not showered for a week - and nobody seemed to mind!

During my stay in Ashland at Siddhartha's house, being a guest in that house with all the normalcy of life it represented, pulled out longings of wanting a "normal" life and a partner.  I believe these feelings are the result of not having a concrete plan for the rest of my life.  I don't know where I will take my life after this hike, and that can be a little scary and lonely sometimes.  But I also know that this gives me the ultimate freedom to choose a path organically instead of choose a path that is a compromise.  I am excited about my life unfolding over the next few years.


Scout, Virgo, Siddhartha, Washout, Threshold and  me






0 comments:

Post a Comment

PCT Northern Terminus

PCT Northern Terminus
On September 30, 2012 I reached the Northern Terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail. Thanks to everybody who supported and followed my journey. It was a life-changing experience!