Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 57 - Evolution Creek


June 21, 2012
Day 57
Miles: 21
Total Miles:  863

I hiked along Evolution Creek most of the day today and crossed paths with IPod, Sanjay, Creeper and Twisted throughout the day.  I Positioned myself three miles from Selden Pass at only 11,000 ft.  The Muir Pass was the last 12,000 foot pass on the trail - it's all down hill from here!

click to see full size image
After Selden Pass I have about 16 miles to VVR (Vermilion Valley Resort) Lake Trail which will take me 1.4 miles to the lake, a ferry ride across to the resort and a restaurant meal and shower!  I have to make it to the lake by 4:30 tomorrow to catch the ferry - no problem.  
The trail today showed me some great waterfalls - some careening off of granite cliffs thousands of feet up off the valley floor.  I also ran across several trail maintenance crews clearing the trail of downed trees from winter storms.  Without these crews, it would be quite a different, and more difficult, hike.

Today is "Hike Naked Day" and the Summer Solstice.  I'll spare you any pictures...  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PCT Northern Terminus

PCT Northern Terminus
On September 30, 2012 I reached the Northern Terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail. Thanks to everybody who supported and followed my journey. It was a life-changing experience!