Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 47 - Chicken Meadow Lake


June 11, 2012
Day 47
Miles: 20
Total Miles: 756

click to enlarge picture
I'm taking lots of pictures today.  I stopped for lunch at Poison Oak Spring and then walked another four miles to Chicken Meadow Lake.  The lake is cold but I waded in up to my knees and washed my legs and then sun-bathed for a while.  In the desert it was all about covering up and avoiding the sun.  now I am able to bask in the sun's rays and try and get some color to correct my severe farmer's tan (hands and neck are brown, everything else is pale white!)  I'm also seeing clouds today for the first time since the start of the hike!

Although I ran into Threshold, Shameless, Chicken Little and others at lunch - tonight I'm camping solo again near the two small lakes that look like footprints on the map.  I climb Whitney tomorrow!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

PCT Northern Terminus

PCT Northern Terminus
On September 30, 2012 I reached the Northern Terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail. Thanks to everybody who supported and followed my journey. It was a life-changing experience!