Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 9 - A Guy Named Mike

Day 9
May 4, 2012
Miles:  21
Total Miles:  134

"A Guy Named Mike's" water tank
Well, yesterday was supposed to be a zero day at Warner Springs but I hiked another two miles after leaving the Community Center and camped out at mile 113 near a babbling brook, along with several others.  Today I had a blistering morning after starting out at 7:30.  I hiked fourteen miles by 10 o'clock and rested in "guy named Mikes" yard up in the hills.  He wasn't home but he opens his porch and water tank to thru-hikers.  The yard is a little suspect, with saws and hatchets hanging up and a skeet shooting setup.  But it was greatly needed after a long morning of hiking with minimal shade.  I headed out at 3:45 and put in another seven miles before hunkering down in a sandy spot by the trail. 

Word from others is that at mile 152 there is a cafe that has a great reputation as a great place for burgers!  I am so looking forward to it!  If they smell me they may turn me away!  Eight days without a shower - another milestone!! 

A couple more days to Idylwild!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

PCT Northern Terminus

PCT Northern Terminus
On September 30, 2012 I reached the Northern Terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail. Thanks to everybody who supported and followed my journey. It was a life-changing experience!