Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 13 - Idylwild

Day 13
May 8, 2012
Miles:  0
Total Miles:  179
Breakfast demolished at Red Kettle

I did the final four miles to Saddle Junction yesterday and took the Devil's Slide Trail down to Idylwild - a 2.5 mile side trail.  Idylwild is a very nice, walkable town and  I split a two-bedroom cabin with another hiker.  First stop in town - Red Kettle Cafe for a breakfast of pancakes, eggs and bacon - and hot coffee.



After picking up my resupply package today, I have more food than I can carry for the next section of the hike.  I unfortunately had to ditch a bag of snickers and half a package of dark chocolate covered mint espresso beans...shame!

I am going to catch a ride to the trail parking lot today at two and then hike up to the junction to find a place to camp for the night before tackling the peak of Jacinto tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Great progress Russ. Dan and Matt and I will be thinking of you when we get together in Seattle next week. Love,DAD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dad. Hope to see you later this year. Have a great visit in Seattle!

      Delete

PCT Northern Terminus

PCT Northern Terminus
On September 30, 2012 I reached the Northern Terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail. Thanks to everybody who supported and followed my journey. It was a life-changing experience!