Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 18 - Big Bear Lake!

May 12, 2012
Day 18
Miles:  14
Total Miles:  266

Big Bear Lake!  I arrived at Highway 18 at noon after punching out 14 miles before lunch.  As I write this, I am sitting at Saucy Mama's Italian Restaurant where I am enjoying a pizza and salad with beer!  I am staying at the Big Bear Hostel for at least two nights to let my right Achilles Tendon heal up.  The hostel is very nice with common rooms, multiple showers, washer and dryer, outdoor seating areas and a full kitchen - everything a dirty hiker needs.

I had a vivid dream this morning before waking up to the sunrise at 5:30.  The dream was about Des, my ex-wife.  Our divorce was finalized in January of this year.  It was a long emotional 9 months leading up to the divorce and I am still second-guessing it.  She died in the dream and I opened my eyes with tears streaming down my face.  I continued to be emotional for another 30 minutes after getting up.  I'm not sure what this means, but I do miss her a lot and hope we can find a future together at some point in the future.  We are still friends but I feel like our relationship is not over - time will tell.  It's not often I have dreams I can remember more than just a few minutes after waking, especially emotional dreams.

Almost to Big Bear




0 comments:

Post a Comment

PCT Northern Terminus

PCT Northern Terminus
On September 30, 2012 I reached the Northern Terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail. Thanks to everybody who supported and followed my journey. It was a life-changing experience!