Thursday, May 3, 2012

San Diego Pre-Hike Trail Magic


Day 0
April 25, 2012
Miles:  0
Total Miles:  0

Along with Scout & Frodo, Jim and Jan have graciously opened their home to hikers preparing for their epic hike.  They live in San Diego, just a block from Scout/Frodo - well known trail angels.  Together they are hosting 40+ hikers today (Apr 25th).  It will be a "crowded" start at the border tomorrow and then a 20 mile hike to Lake Moreno for ADZPCTKO (Annual Day Zero PCT Kick Off)!  I guess I will bask in solitude later, but for now I will enjoy the company of new friends.
My pack, which I checked-in, got mis-directed by SW Airlines after a mix-up in Las Vegas where we were directed to change planes due to a fuel leak.  To SWA's credit, they hand delived my bag to me at Scout/Frodo's after it had arrived on the next flight in.  Thus, my thru-hike will start on time Thurday morning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

PCT Northern Terminus

PCT Northern Terminus
On September 30, 2012 I reached the Northern Terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail. Thanks to everybody who supported and followed my journey. It was a life-changing experience!