Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 28 - Pizza at the KOA


May 23, 2012
Day 28
Miles: 13
Total Miles: 444
click to see full size

After Mission Flats, at mile 431, I hiked the trail-proper again all the way to the Acton KOA Campground.  I am here with a group of twelve others who are holing up at the campground because the Saufly's (Hiker Haven), Trail Angels extrordinaire, are ahead in ten miles but have exceeded their 50 hiker limit and are asking hikers to arrive tomorrow morning.  Tortuga hitch-hiked into the nearest town about ten miles away to pick up beer and was able to get a ride back from the pizza delivery man!  We all definitely owe him a few beers.  I plan on getting up early and hiking to the Hiker Haven by 10 AM.

My hunger is getting more and more ravenous every week.  Today at KOA I enjoyed half of a large pepperoni pizza and three beers in addition to ice cream and other snacks from the small KOA store, and was hungry an hour later!  I handed Q-Ball and Beardo a couple of my beers as they just hiked in and looked voracious!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

PCT Northern Terminus

PCT Northern Terminus
On September 30, 2012 I reached the Northern Terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail. Thanks to everybody who supported and followed my journey. It was a life-changing experience!