Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 41 - Thirty Mile Club!


June 5, 2012
Day 41
Miles: 30
Total Miles: 681


Ben keeping the pace with his american flag


My first thirty mile day!  Ben T. and I hiked out of Okie Girl's camp after coffee and donuts.  From the start I had the energy to keep up with Ben - probably due to the donuts and coffee breakfast.  We hit three large inclines today but kept the pace up to pull thirty miles out by the time the sun set at Chimney Creek Campground.  At the campground we both threw down our bags on top of picnic tables and rested for the next days hike which would take us all the way to Kennedy Meadows.  Sierras, here we come!

Mile 666...





0 comments:

Post a Comment

PCT Northern Terminus

PCT Northern Terminus
On September 30, 2012 I reached the Northern Terminus of the Pacific Crest Trail. Thanks to everybody who supported and followed my journey. It was a life-changing experience!